Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fall Wrap-up

Well, it's been close to three decades since I last updated this thing and I think it's due for some love.

The fall semester is now past finished and, needless to say, once again, I learned a ton.  This time most of the learning involved softwares (Maya and Premiere).  All the animatics definitely helped me speed up my thinking, thumbing, executing process for compositions.  A successful start to the animation film world, I think!

This coming semester will be more of the same, but delving deeper into what animation requires and what effective storytelling can accomplish.

All of that and I finally get to take another figure drawing class.  Thank GOD!!!  Figure is so important to me, I'm happy to get back into that.

Anyways, I think I'll go ahead and post the last few projects of my Sophomore Fall semester.  Hopefully going forward into this semester, I will be able to keep up posting more often!

Here's my pantomime project in traditional animation.  This class probably suffered the most over the semester.  I actually think I did better work last year.  3D animation and concept class severely cut into my polish time for TA...

It's OK, but basically needs another pass, the end needs more inbetweens to slow it down, and I didn't even get to completely finish him having a celebration.



Next are my last two animatic assignments.  The first had the basic premise: a bird knocks over a pot and strikes a person after it falls.  This was my interpretation of it!



This one is the final project - everything was completely made up by myself for once.  Nothing was provided to us.



Lastly, this was our final 3D animation project, a jump, walk, turnaround sequence of a "simple" polygon character.  Needless to say, I don't ever want to see pizza again.

Unless I'm hungry and it is in front of me begging to be devoured.  That, I may make an exception for...



Well that's a wrap for the semester!

Like I said, I will try to be better at posting going forward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment